March 31st 2020
The government of Ontario has deemed Gateway Visual Communications Ltd. as an essential service. While we certainly will not claim that it is “business as usual” as we respond to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, it is our intention to provide our full suite of services to the best of our ability.
That said, our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our staff and customers. We will be are doing our part to take care of our employees, their families and the greater community by following recommendations from all levels of government and health officials.
These measures now include the following:
- Reduced operational hours. We will have staff on-site from 10:00AM to 3:00PM weekdays unless required to do otherwise by government directive.
- Retention of all of our current staff.
- Limited on-site production personnel. We will have a substantially reduced number of staff members at our facility on any given day in order to allow for adequate social distancing and to help prevent community spread of this virus.
- High temperatures involved in our digital printing processes ensures virus-free prints. Our production processes will also be extended to allow for a 24 hour interval (approximate lifespan of the corona virus on paper products) before handling by another staff member.
- Regular disinfectant cleaning of shared use areas such as staff washrooms, doors and production machinery. We will also enforce social distancing between personnel and encourage hand-washing for any employee as they exit and re-enter the building .
- All sales staff are equipped to work from home.
- Customers, vendors and service personnel that must enter our facility by the rear entrance and will do so on a pre-arranged basis.
As we have mentioned before, not all aspects of your order completion and delivery are within our control, but we will do our very best to complete your orders on schedule and will be sure to inform you of any issues along the way.
Thanks again for your patronage and understanding during this challenging time.
Brian & David McConnell – Co owners of Gateway Visual Communications Ltd.
March 24th 2020
Dear valued customers and vendors:
In an effort to contain the rapidly spreading COVID-19 virus, the Ontario government has ordered closure of all non-essential businesses in Ontario for a period of 14-days.
Our priority is to do our part in the effort of containing this outbreak and keep our staff and their families safe and healthy. The quicker we get this outbreak under control, the sooner we can resume normal business operations.
Effective Wednesday, March 25th, 2020 our business will be closed for regular business and will re-open on Wednesday, April 8th, 2020 unless the government of Ontario extends the closure period. During this time, please contact your account representative with regards to any orders or estimates that you may require and we will do our best to be of service to you.
We will update our operational information as it changes based on government actions and our the state of our own internal operations.
We thank you for your understanding and stay healthy.
Brian and David McConnell
Gateway Visual Communications